Sunday 15 April 2012

Art through the eyes of a child....

I have had a beautiful weekend with my 8 year old niece who is also my little art buddy. I am always amazed and in awe of the freedom with which a child creates. This weekend we completed our scrapbook and we then played around with a mixed media piece.... her theme was Cupcakes..... too cute!!

At first she was a little nervous about ripping up the pieces of coloured paper for her background, it didn't feel right... "shouldn't we cut them neatly"....."is this right?"........... ?

"There is no wrong" I told her, some advice that I often need to listen to myself!!

After a while she was happily taring paper and splashing colour around. I helped her with some painting tips and cutting out of the cupcake pictures but other than this she successfully created a beautiful, colourful and lively piece of art!!  So proud!!
"Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist once (s)he grows up."  ~Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment